Thursday, December 2, 2010

Going Home...Part 1

My mom was able to go with me to the cemetery for the first time. And for the first time, I didn't cry.
I felt a sense of peace. The little pine tree near Isaac's stone, one of the reasons I chose the spot, is almost 8 feet tall now. Looking from where this part of him is you can see past the little stone chapel to the snow 
capped Sierra Nevadas. Mom and I walked the cemetery and found the stones of many of our family. My Great grandpa, my uncles, My little grandma. It gave me a feeling of "rightness", of continuity, of family, of belonging, of HOME. I am not alone. I am a part of all those before me and all those who'll come after me. Oh and Mom? Thank you. I love you. To my son, Isaac, I wish...and I love you too.
John Isaac "Mad Max" Maxwell
Born on June 21, 1976
Died on November 30, 2008
NEVER FORGOTTEN




3 comments:

  1. Oh babydoll :( I didn't realize he died on my son's birthday. I wish I could hug you right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HUGS and much love to you and your family. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. To you and yours too Colleen...xox

    ReplyDelete